HEICO-LOCK Ring Lock Washers are available when a more positive locking mechanism between the two washer halves is required. The locking system is particularly suitable for applications involved in repeated reuse.
Design of the Ring Locking System
HEICO-LOCK Ring Lock Washers are supplied pre-assembled. The ring locking system consists of a polyamide ring (PA) and the already familiar HEICO-LOCK wedge lock washers. Whereas the wedge lock washers secure the bolted connections reliably, the ring permanently holds the two individual washers together in the correct position.
- Very easy to install and remove (ring locking system is supplied pre-assembled)
- Proven system for securing bolts at low and high preloads
- Particularly suitable for dynamic loads, including when lubricants are used
- Reusable with no reduction in quality or convenience
- Also suitable for use with high-tensile bolts of 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9 and their respective nuts
- Available in steel or stainless steel with a narrow or wide bearing surface
1. Pre-assembled locking system
HEICO-LOCK ring lock washers are supplied pre-assembled and offer the user the clear benefit of the washer pair always being oriented in the correct locking position—this is particularly important if the washers are being installed and removed repeatedly.
- The plastic ring on HEICO-LOCK ring lock washers is made from polyamide (PA)
- Other materials can be used for specific applications on request